It’s nearly impossible to do marketing today without a customer relationship management (CRM) system.
So the question isn’t, Do you need a CRM?
It’s, Which CRM will give you the most bang for your buck?
Hubspot is one of the leading CRMs on the market, and for good reason. It’s not a perfect tool, but it’s pretty darn close.
We use Hubspot for Flight Media’s marketing, and we recommend it to all our clients, too. (Disclaimer: We’re a Hubspot partner.)
Let’s dive into what Hubspot can and can’t do, and decide if it’s right for you!
What Hubspot Isn’t
We’re not afraid to tell clients when Hubspot won’t work for them. If you fall into any of these categories, it’s probably not the best CRM tool for you to use, either.
It’s not a crockpot. You know how wonderful a crockpot is? You can toss in all the ingredients for dinner, turn it on, and walk away – essentially, going on with life until you’re ready to eat dinner.
Hubspot isn’t like this. It won’t generate results all by itself. You need to know how to use the powerful tools in order to get results. You have to commit time and resources (or hire someone to do it for you), taking the time to generate content and build a strategic marketing campaign to get results.
You’re not ready to scale. One of the perks of CRM tool like Hubspot is that it’s highly customizable. If your business doesn’t need this kind of powerful tool, it’s not worth investing in it.
You won’t use a majority of its tools. This CRM is a powerful solution that has tons of features. It’s basically an all-in-one tool. So, if you’re not posting on social media, growing an email list, offering lots of content, and analyzing metrics to tweak your results, you could probably get by with another, less-robust tool.
What Hubspot Is
The Hubspot CRM is ideal for businesses:
- Who want to align marketing and sales.
- Who sell a product or service.
- Who are small or medium sized.
- Who need a tool that’s easy to learn and use.
- Is available no matter where you are. Just connect to the internet, and you have access to the CRM.
- Who need a tool that integrates with tons of other tools and programs.
- Who want comprehensive reporting tools in an easy-to-read visual format.
- Who need custom reporting.
- Who are looking for an interface that’s easy to manage.
- Who need a secure CRM tool.
- Who want a tool that’s optimized for mobile.
- Who want to test the tool with a free version of the CRM.
- Who need their marketing and sales team to use the same database.
- Who understand the value of a great marketing and sales funnel
- Who want to send highly segmented emails – to the right contacts at the right time
- Who want to analyse how their competitors are doing
- Who need to monitor their brand online, and engage with their audience on social media
Investing in a CRM is a huge decision. Don’t take it lightly. Weigh the pros and cons, and test the free version. Run a beta test in one area (like email or blogging), before taking the plunge.
And above all else, don’t go it alone. The best way to figure out if Hubspot is the right CRM tool for you is to talk to someone who uses it.
What’s been your experience using Hubspot? Or another CRM?